New role with password and error message

От Ralf Bertelsmann
Тема New role with password and error message
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Dear developers,

After installing PostgreSQL RDMS I had some dificuly on finding the=20
information how build the initial user. Afterwards I wanted to enter more=
=20
users and were show the below error message.

[goofy@entenhausen]$ createuser -S -l -P -e annette
Enter password for new role:
Enter it again:
Passwords didn't match.

I got the above error message when I tried for testing reasons to create an=
=20
account | role.

The only obvious reason for this error message is that there are test to=20
verify wheter the new role name and the password are identical which they=
=20
where.

Besides the idea of doing such the error message is pointing to another thi=
ng=20
than the real problem came from.

A small fix in the message text would give the better realisation of the=20
mistake.

Sincerely

Ralf Bertelsmann

--=20