Re: suggestion for improving TMPDIR and "--format" docs for pg_dump

От: Peter Eisentraut
Тема: Re: suggestion for improving TMPDIR and "--format" docs for pg_dump
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-docs

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

suggestion for improving TMPDIR and "--format" docs for pg_dump  (Mark Stosberg, )
 Re: suggestion for improving TMPDIR and "--format" docs for pg_dump  (Peter Eisentraut, )
  Re: suggestion for improving TMPDIR and "--format" docs for pg_dump  (Mark Stosberg, )
 Re: suggestion for improving TMPDIR and "--format" docs for pg_dump  (Bruce Momjian, )

Am Freitag, 9. März 2007 03:30 schrieb Mark Stosberg:
> The tar format needs some space to create temporary files. By default
> "/tmp" is used. On systems with small "/tmp" partitions, set the
> "TMPDIR" environment variable to a location with more space, such as
> "/usr/tmp".

That is really standard operating system behavior.  We don't need to duplicate
that information.

> It woud also be nice to document that the full names "custom" and "tar" are
> supported. Longer names can be nice for clarity.

They are.  You must be looking at an older version.

> ( Unfortunately, wrong formats like "txx" also work instead of throwing
> an error. )

Send a patch.

--
Peter Eisentraut