Retrieving timestamp data

От ::Willi the One::
Тема Retrieving timestamp data
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
In the documentation, it says that PQgetvalue()
returns string values for strings and "the value is in
the binary representation determined by the data
type’s typsend and typreceive functions." The problem
is, where's the typsend and typrecieve located? I know
that it's not in libpq, but I saw libpgtypes somewhere
in the postgres directory and saw that there are
PGTYPE-related functions but I can't find the typsend.

For example, if I want to retrieve a timestamp data,
how would I do it? Will it return as a string when I
call PQgetvalue()? What about other types such Points
or inet types?

Thanks in advance.

Life is too short for dial-up.