Re: Second try for roadmap.html

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Second try for roadmap.html
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Josh,

> If that is the case, we have likely solved nothing with our movement of
> the dates to have 8.3 be a short cycle release.

The point was to move the ingration/patch review period, which we have.  Any
move-up of the actual release date is incidental.

> I thought the whole goal was to try and release around july.

No, what gave you that idea?  When have we *ever* done a 1-month beta?

If there are absolutely no beta issues we can do another 8.1 and release at
OSCON or something.   But with invasive changes like HOT a probable
submission for 8.3, a short beta seems very optimistic.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Second try for roadmap.html
Сообщение: Re: Second try for roadmap.html