Re: complex referential integrity constraints

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: complex referential integrity constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 06:51:49PM +0100, Joris Dobbelsteen wrote:
> >Err, foreign keys are implemented using triggers, so this
> >statement is self-contradictary.
>
> Are you really sure they are executed under the same visibility rules?

Reasonably. I have no idea what visibility rules would make any
difference at all. AIUI a foreign key just takes a shared lock on the
referenced row and all the magic of MVCC makes sure the row exists when
the transaction completes.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения