Re: php professional

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: php professional
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 02:16 AM 2/23/2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>We do not compete with MySQL.
>
>Does MySQL have the mindshare of the ignorant? Yes.
>Does MySQL have the mindhare of the knowledgeable? No.
>
>Our mindshare is *huge* with the knowledgeable.
>
>I will take mindshare with the knowledgeable over the ignorant, every
>second of the day. They pay better.

The ignorant outnumber the knowledgeable by magnitudes. Lots of
ignorant people paying small sums of money add up to quite a lot
(politicians exploit that regularly).

Also those expensive consultants find it much easier to get lots of
money from ignorant people on a regular basis :).

But if you're the sort who actually cares, it's easier to sleep at
night the postgresql way ;).

Regards,
Link.