Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 10:07:22 -0500,
  Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

>     <P>All users should upgrade to the most recent minor release as soon
>     as it is available.  While upgrades always have some risk, PostgreSQL
>     minor releases fix only common bugs to reduce the risk of upgrading.
>     The community considers <i>not</i> upgrading more risky that
>     upgrading.</P>
>
> What should change about this text?

The "soon as available" seems to be too aggressive to me. This seems to
suggest (to me at least) that these upgrades are so important that you
might want to skimp on QA to get them in place rapidly. While that may
sometimes be true, I don't think it is always the case for everybody.

Сообщение: Re: should we have a separate page that clearly defines what a minor release is and why it's a good idea to keep up with them?