Quering 4 or more physicale different PostgreSQL server at once

От Michelle Konzack
Тема Quering 4 or more physicale different PostgreSQL server at once
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

My current PostgreSQL Database has arround 560 GByte without indices.
If not more then 3-5 user query it it works fast like Google...  :-)

But I have over 600 Users now which all query it over the Net and hit
a heavy performance problem.

The biggest problem is the "main" table which is arround 80% of the DB.

Now I have made a statistic and know, which Datas are most quried and
like to split the Database (exactly THE MONSTER-TABLE) over at least 4
Physicaly PostgreSQL servers.

The Database is generaly STATIC an Data will only be added and NEVER
removed or changed.  (If DATE or a ROW change, it will get a FULL NEW
ROW with version number)

Since I access the PostgreSQL from a pysicaly seperated dedicated
apache server using php5 I like to know from some Experts how to
query 4 or more Databases ar once and join the data.

I thinking, putting the main database with most requested data on the
first Server which will have arround 180 GByte and then the rest of
"THE" table on the other servers.

Note:  "THE" table is a historical timeline...
       and the datasets are not ordered in the table.

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)

Вложения