Re: How to debug performance problems

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: How to debug performance problems
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 08:09:49AM -0800, Craig A. James wrote:
> I hope I didn't give the impression that these were the only thing to look
> at ... those four items just popped into my head, because they've come up
> repeatedly in this forum.  There are surely more things that could be
> suspect; perhaps others could add to your list.

I'm only clueless about the details of pg, not db perf concepts.  Really,
a mechanism to determine where the system is spending the response
time is key.  As you pointed out, the added table may not be the issue.
In fact, if you can't measure where the db time is being spent
you will be lucky to fix a performance issue, since you don't really
know what resources need to be addressed.

> so you have to dig in and find it yourself.

this afternoon, maybe.

Сообщение: Re: How to debug performance problems
Сообщение: Re: How to debug performance problems