Re: Multi-language to be or not to be

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Multi-language to be or not to be
Дата
Re: Multi-language to be or not to be  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-www
Am Montag, 12. Februar 2007 10:36 schrieb Magnus Hagander:
> A .po file is easier than a plaintext file?

Definitely.

> Well, I'm don't do much
> translating myself, but I can't see how translating a webpage can be
> easier than translating the actual text of the webpage in the file...

One advantage is that it is disassociated from the particulars of the source
format and the details of how to get it and how to send it back.  Another
advantage is that there is an established and powerful toolset for editing,
merging, and managing translations.

> Well, I stand by that opinion. I know for examlpe pgAdmin only ships
> translations that are n percent or better (iirc, it's 85% or so), which
> makes it reasonable. Shipping something that only has 15% translation
> rate does the user a disservice, imho.

It's one thing to reject web *pages* that are less than 85% or even 100%
translated.  But no one can require a 85% or 100% translated web *site*.  Not
even Microsoft or IBM can manage that.

--
Peter Eisentraut

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Multi-language to be or not to be
Сообщение: Re: Multi-language to be or not to be