Re: Multi-language to be or not to be

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Multi-language to be or not to be
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 12:11:02AM -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On 2/11/07, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> >> Spanish is probably another high percentage language
> >
> >I would not disagree, *if* more of the international community was
> >actually helping keep up with that infrastructure but that isn't why it
> >is happening. They are creating their own infrastructure.
> >

> well actually it was a discussion about that in the spanish list few
> month ago... some were talking about creating a new page and the
> concensus was to update what historically has been the spanish
> postgres page (www.postgresql.cl) but maybe having a translate of the
> *oficial* page is better idea...

Just for the record, if the translators want it, I'm *not* suggesting we
remove the translation infrastructure. But most people who've previously
suggested it's important we keep it are people who would *not* be doing
any of the translations themselves.

And I think you've found the real question here - is it better to have a
language/region-specific page, or is it better to translate the main
one. I personally do not think it's much point to having *both*, but as
for which one of the two is best I think that's best left to those
actually doing it.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Multi-language to be or not to be
Сообщение: Re: Multi-language to be or not to be