Re: XML export

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: XML export
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> How do you treat columns whose names are not legal XML names?

There are escape mechanisms in place.  You can verify yourself how they
work using

select xmlelement(name "something unusual");

> I'm glad to see you treat NULL as an attribute - that's definitely
> the right way I think.

The standard provides for the option of representing them the way I
showed or omitting them.

> Have you thought about possibly using a standard encoding (e.g.
> base64) for bytea? Not sure what the standard says on encoding.

It says to use base64 or hex.  You can also verify that yourself using

select xmlelement(name foo, bytea 'something');

--
Peter Eisentraut