Re: Problems shutting down Postmaster

От Andrew Edson
Тема Re: Problems shutting down Postmaster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Okay, for some reason we still had a problem connecting after a pg_ctl reload, but the shutdown went through this time, and everything's working now.  Thanks for the assistance.

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Andrew Edson writes:
> Someone else added the IP address for the other system to the
> pg_hba.conf file later, but since we had already started postgres by
> then, it didn't take.

You don't need to shut down the server to adjust pg_hba.conf ... just
"pg_ctl reload".

> And now, for some reason, postgres doesn't seem to want to let me shut
> down.

A standard shutdown doesn't finish until all existing sessions exit of
their own accord. Perhaps you wanted "-m fast"?

regards, tom lane

Looking for earth-friendly autos?