Re: Odd PL/PgSQL Error -- relation "X" does not exist when using index expression

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Odd PL/PgSQL Error -- relation "X" does not exist when using index expression
Дата
Re: Odd PL/PgSQL Error -- relation "X" does not exist when using index expression  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 10:32:25AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> My advice is not to try to execute multiple commands in the same EXECUTE
> string --- if we were going to do anything to "fix" this, I think it
> would be along the lines of enforcing that advice.  Trying to make the
> world safe for it doesn't sound productive.

The SPI_execute() documentation does mention that multiple commands
are allowed:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/spi-spi-execute.html

"You may pass multiple commands in one string. SPI_execute returns
the result for the command executed last. The count limit applies
to each command separately, but it is not applied to hidden commands
generated by rules.

"When read_only is false, SPI_execute increments the command counter
and computes a new snapshot before executing each command in the
string."

Should that documentation be modified?

--
Michael Fuhr

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Odd PL/PgSQL Error -- relation "X" does not exist when using index expression
Сообщение: Re: Odd PL/PgSQL Error -- relation "X" does not exist when using index expression