Re: Odd PL/PgSQL Error -- relation "X" does not exist when using index expression

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Odd PL/PgSQL Error -- relation "X" does not exist when using index expression
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 02:43:13PM -0800, Greg Wittel wrote:
> I'm having a strange problem with a PL/PGSQL query that executes some
> dynamic SQL code.  The code basically creates a dynamically named table,
> some indexes, etc.
>
> The problem seems to be the an index expression. If I remove it and do a
> plain index on the column, all works correctly.  If I keep it, I get a
> "relation does not exist" error.

The error appears to happen for anything that uses SPI.  A C function
that executes the following fails with the same error:

SPI_exec("CREATE TABLE foo (t text); CREATE INDEX foo_idx ON foo (lower(t))", 0);

In 8.2.3 the error location is:

LOCATION:  RangeVarGetRelid, namespace.c:200

--
Michael Fuhr

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: