Re: Seeking quick way to clone a row, but give it a new pk.

От Philip Hallstrom
Тема Re: Seeking quick way to clone a row, but give it a new pk.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> I need to create some nearly identical copies of rows in a complicated
> table.
>
> Is there a handy syntax that would let me copy a existing row, but get a
> new primary key for the copy?  I'd then go in an edit the 1 or 2
> additional columns that differ.  The duplicate would be in the same
> table as the original.
>
> This would save me a bunch of typing.  Can it be done?

INSERT INTO mytable SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE pk = 123;

Or something close to that... I suspect if you changed the '*' to the
columns you wanted you could also work in the other columns you want to
change as well...

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: