Re: How long should it take to insert 200,000 records?

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: How long should it take to insert 200,000 records?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:31:26 -0800,
  Mark Lewis <mark.lewis@mir3.com> wrote:

> Sure it's possible:
>
> CREATE TABLE parent (col1 int4);
> -- insert many millions of rows into parent
> CREATE TABLE child  (col1 int4 REFERENCES parent(col1));
> -- insert many millions of rows into child, very very slowly.

I don't think Postgres allows this. You don't have to have an index in the
child table, but do in the parent table.
Quote from http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-createtable.html:
The referenced columns must be the columns of a unique or primary key
constraint in the referenced table.

Сообщение: Re: How long should it take to insert 200,000 records?
Сообщение: Re: How long should it take to insert 200,000 records?