Re: Hardware

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Hardware
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:59:21AM -0500, Walter Vaughan wrote:

> Is this still true in regards to Xeon's? I was looking at a server with
> Quad Core Xeon 2 5335 @ 2.0GHz.

Multi-core Xeons are not as affected, and are somewhat different
"under the hood".  So no, you're probably ok there.

> Are RAID 1 or 1+0 or 0+1 equal in speed, performance, downtime in regards
> to postgresql. Is it a coin toss?

Well, 1 isn't equivalent to 1+0 or 0+1 in terms of capacity, because
it's a straight mirror of two drives.  I hate 0+1, because you lose
half the array in the event any disk in the side fails.  So I always
use 1+0 if I can.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
        --Roger Brinner