Re: Ordering problem with varchar (DESC)

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: Ordering problem with varchar (DESC)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
am  Wed, dem 31.01.2007, um 10:46:17 -0500 mailte Alexandre Leclerc folgendes:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a column (varchar) that has plain text time and it is indexed.
>
> How can I fix that so that the result is exactly like the first one but
> perfectly reversed in it's order?

Use the right data-typ for your data, in this case TIMESTAMP. Then you
can order this data likewise reverse and get a performance boost by the
way...

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer