Re: Querying distinct values from a large table

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Querying distinct values from a large table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Luke Lonergan wrote:
> Alvaro,
>
> On 1/30/07 9:04 AM, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> >> (Incidentally I'm not sure where 2-5x comes from. It's entirely dependant on
> >> your data distribution. It's not hard to come up with distributions where
> >> it's
> >> 1000x as fast and others where there's no speed difference.)
> >
> > So the figure is really "1-1000x"?  I bet this one is more impressive in
> > PHB terms.
>
> You got me - I'll bite - what's PHB?

Pointy-Haired Boss, a term (AFAIK) popularized by the Dilbert comic strip.

Why, I just noticed there's even a Wikipedia entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointy_Haired_Boss
It seems people enjoy writing hypothetically about their bosses.

Сообщение: Re: Querying distinct values from a large table
Сообщение: Re: Querying distinct values from a large table