Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQLbranches

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Predicted lifespan of different PostgreSQLbranches
Дата
Список pgsql-general

It's not a question of having the time - it's partly what I'm paid for these days. It's a question of whether that time
isbeing wasted maintaining old versions that perhaps people aren't concerned with any more. That's why I brought the
subjectup on this -general thread, rather than in -hackers.

A couple of thoughts spring to mind that might  warrant some consideration:

- Windows is our most popular platform for sure, but I would wager the majority of those installations are
development/testinstalls and that possibly Linux is the most popular platform for production systems. Those dev
systems are likely to be running the latest version.

- So far I think you are the only person to object to 8.0 being dropped!

In any case, if people want to keep 8.0, then I will keep building it for the time being. We might need to start
staggeringpoint releases though.

Regards, Dave