Re: how to plan for vacuum?

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: how to plan for vacuum?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 07:29:20PM +0900, Galy Lee wrote:
> so what is the principle to set them?
>  - keep dead space lower than some disk limit
>  - or keep the garbage rate lower than fillfactor
>  or any other general principle?

How do you measure "dead space" and "garbage rate?"

I'm a newbe, I don't even know what these terms mean, but if I can measure
them, perhaps it will gel, and really if you can't measure the effect
of a setting change, what have you got?  I would hope any discussion on
autovac parms would include some metric evaluation techniques.  Thanks.