Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 09:38:06PM +0100, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> sure that ISP is a bit stupid(especially wrt plpgsql) - but tsearch2 in
> the current version is actually imposing some additional(often
> non-trivial) complexity for things like database restores and upgrades
> so I can see an ISP wanting to avoid that altogether.

Something I've wondered about before is the concept of having installed
Modules in the system. Let's say for example that while compiling
postgres it compiled the modules in contrib also and installed them in
a modules directory.

Once installed there, unpriviledged users could say "INSTALL foo" and
it would install the module, even if they do not have the permissions
to create them themselves.

That way you don't clutter the catalogs with external projects, and
there is some indication from the postgres team of some trust in these
modules. After all, if the installation made it easy to use for users,
it must be safe, right?

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Сообщение: Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Сообщение: Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion