Re: security question

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: security question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
am  Mon, dem 22.01.2007, um 16:10:15 +0200 mailte Sim Zacks folgendes:
> How good is postgresql security?
> For example, If I have data that I do not anyone to see, including the
> programmer/dba, is it enough to change the password to the only user?
> If they have access to the raw files is there a way for them to somehow see
> the data?
> can they copy the files to another postgresql instance where they have
> rights and view the data?

I think, anyone with read access to the database files can read the
information stored in this files.

This isn't a postgresql-problem, this is a general problem.

> Basically, we have a requirement to put sensitive personnel information
> into the database, including salary etc. and we don't want any employees,
> including the dba to have a possibility of accessing it.

Store the sensitive data encrypted, and use SSL or other encrypted
communication between server and client.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer