Re: I'm very confused.

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: I'm very confused.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tuesday 16 January 2007 22:42, Brant Fitzsimmons
<brant@bfcomputerconsulting.com> wrote:
> Records that are entered at the console show up when I do a select
> with the script, but not the other way around.  I have tried to the
> RTFM as much as possible, but I'm still lost as to why while
> accessing the same table I can't access the data manipulated by the
> script.  I don't know if it has anything to do with tablespaces or
> what, but I'm really starting to get frustrated.

Is the script starting a transaction and not committing it?  If so, the
changes it makes will not be visible to other processes.  psql by
default operates in auto-commit mode, every statement is committed on
completion.

If this is not the case, I would have to say you are not in fact working
on the same table, somehow.

be properly armed." -- Alexander Hamilton