Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum Improvements

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum Improvements
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Autovacuum Improvements  ("Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
elein wrote:

> Have you made any consideration of providing feedback on autovacuum to users?
> Right now we don't even know what tables were vacuumed when and what was
> reaped.  This might actually be another topic.

I'd like to hear other people's opinions on Darcy Buskermolen proposal
to have a log table, on which we'd register what did we run, at what
time, how long did it last, how many tuples did it clean, etc.  I feel
having it on the regular text log is useful but it's not good enough.
Keep in mind that in the future we may want to peek at that collected
information to be able to take better scheduling decisions (or at least
inform the DBA that he sucks).

Now, I'd like this to be a VACUUM thing, not autovacuum.  That means
that manually-run vacuums would be logged as well.

Сообщение: Re: Enabling autovacuum by default (was Re: Autovacuum
Сообщение: Re: Enabling autovacuum by default (was Re: Autovacuum