Re: xml type and encodings

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: xml type and encodings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> We need to decide on how to handle encoding information embedded in
> xml data that is passed through the client/server encoding
> conversion.

Tangentially related, I'm currently experimenting with a setup that
stores all xml data in UTF-8 on the server, converting it back to the
server encoding on output.  This doesn't do anything to solve the
problem above, but it makes the internal processing much simpler, since
all of libxml uses UTF-8 internally anyway.  Is anyone opposed to that
setup on principle?

--
Peter Eisentraut