Re: Added the word TODO in comments

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Added the word TODO in comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 02:45:24PM -0500, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:16:41 -0500
> Jim Nasby <decibel@decibel.org> wrote:
> > Given that the TODO list is the official compilation of things that
> > need to get done, ISTM that anything warranting a TODO or XXX in the
> > code should probably be on the TODO list.
>
> There are a wide class of possible improvements / fixes that are too small to bother adding to the TODO list, but
shouldstill be recorded somewhere. Recording those improvements in the source code seems better than not recording them
atall.

> Also, minor improvements to some part of the implementation are typically dependent on their context in the source
code.Since TODO entries are often lacking in context as it is, I don't think trying to move everything to the TODO list
wouldbe wise.

Yeah, 'anything' is too strong... but I've certainly run across some
stuff that could go into the TODO. There's some things in there
questioning algorithm choices that probably won't ever get done unless
someone goes and researches them, for example.

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: ideas for auto-processing patches
От: Gavin Sherry
Сообщение: Re: ideas for auto-processing patches