Re: BUG #2878: does not install

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #2878: does not install
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 05:18:28PM +0000, kalyan wrote:

> Bug reference:      2878
> Logged by:          kalyan
> Email address:      kalyan.talluri@upf.edu
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2.1
> Operating system:   Windows XP 64
> Details:
>
> The binary does not install.

What is the problem? I have run the binary on XP 64 without problems,
though not from the MSI installer. It certainly *works*.

> Any plans for a 64-bit version?

There are no firm plans for a Win64 version, but we'll get there
eventually ;-) We are doing some of the work needed to get there, such
as updating the build system for Visual C++ 2005, on the way to 8.3, but
it's impossible to say when we'll have an actual 64-bit version.

//Magnus