Re: Array constructor requires one argument

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Array constructor requires one argument
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 04:09:21PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> > Unless we can convince ourselves that array-of-UNKNOWN is not dangerous,
> > I don't think this is easily solved.
>
> One possibility that might handle Martijn's problem is to allow the
> construct
>
>     ARRAY[]::type[]

This was in fact the solution I came up with. It also helps with the
confusion, because the error didn't state the actual problem. At least
this could could say "empty array needs typecast".

I don't think it would be too hard to fix, I'll look tomorrow.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size, and others
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size, and others