Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 15:26:45 -0500,
  James Neff <jneff@tethyshealth.com> wrote:
> "... and Moses said unto them, 'The eleventh commandment :  thou shalt
> store images in a database!'..."
>
> What if you had another database where you stored just the images and
> not back it up if you don't want to?

I think the main reason to keep images in the database is if you need
transactional semantics. If you are updating images and transactions that
started before the update, need to see the old version you are going to
want them in the database. I suspect this need isn't very common though.