Re: Deleting From View?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Deleting From View?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 09:59:34AM -0600, Jeanna Geier wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply; that's one of the many reasons why this list is
> so awesome...
>
> I'm taking this project over from somebody else and am new to the DB side of
> things, so I'm still learning - you're responses and thoughts are greatly
> appreciated!

You didn't post the INSERT rule.

However, what's truly interesting is that you do have a delete rule,
yet you're getting an exception. Which indicates the exception is being
generated from within java, and not by postgresql at all. Obviously,
whatever trick that was applied to convince java to insert into a view
needs to be used to make the delete work.

Wouldn't fixing the insert rule be better?

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения