Re: Deleting From View?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Deleting From View?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 09:42:09AM -0600, Jeanna Geier wrote:

> Hello List!
>
> I'm having an issue with my program; it's inserting into one record into a
> view (named 'measurement') twice ,which it's not supposed to be - so, I'm
> attempting to put a delete statement in the code to remove one of these
> records, but am getting an error.  (Will track down the real insert issue
> when I have more time, right now I just need to get this compiling....)

Normally you can't insert or delete from a view, because a view doesn't
exist, it's the result of a query. Obviously you have some rules setup
to allow inserting, which is obviously not doing the right thing if the
output suddenly creates two rows.

You're going to need to provide the complete definition of the
table+rules if you want a more detailed answer.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения