Re: self-referential UPDATE problem on 7.4

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: self-referential UPDATE problem on 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 06:37:23PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > > It returns "UPDATE 2" which is what I expect from the data.
> > > However, the rows in question are not actually updated.
> >
> > That seems very strange.  Could you perhaps have a BEFORE UPDATE trigger
> > that's changing the values back to null again?
> I do but I drop that one in the script before doing the
> above update. I may have an old one hanging around, though,
> I'll double-check.
I was missing a schema qualification in a drop statement,
hence the culprit trigger function wasn't dropped properly.

Sometimes a hint helps.

Thanks Tom,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346