Re: Tabbed data in tab-separated output

От felix@crowfix.com
Тема Re: Tabbed data in tab-separated output
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 10:31:46PM -0600, mike wrote:
> How are you attempting to restore the table after using psql?  Psql
> insert statements? Pgdump? COPY FROM?

Actually, right now I feed the dump file into a program which mangles
it and analyzes it in various ways.  It will eventually be fed into
psql for restoration elsewhere.  The problem isn't restoring it.  It's
not knowing how to tell which tabs are field separators and which are
part of the data.

> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 17:59 -0800, felix@crowfix.com wrote:
> > pg_dump apparently is smart enough to print embedded tabs as escaped
> > chars, but not psql.  Is there a fix for this?  I thought of reverting
> > to standard output, without the -t option, and analyzing the first two
> > lines to tell exactly how many spaces are assigned to each column, but
> > that gives me the shudders.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@crowfix.com
  GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933