Re: WITH support

От David Fetter
Тема Re: WITH support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 04:19:19PM -0700, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On 1/3/07, Hubert FONGARNAND <informatique.internet@fiducial.fr> wrote:
> >Why not looking at http://gppl.moonbone.ru/ evgen potemkin. has
> >ever made a patch for WITH and CONNECT BY?
>
> Nope, no good.  This is what I started with last time and the
> refactoring attempt at WITH is just too massive.  As for CONNECT BY,
> PostgreSQL does not want the syntax, they want ANSI/ISO WITH
> [RECURSIVE]... so even starting there isn't great.
>
> This is really something that needs to be decided on before
> implementation... or it will probably never get in.

As I recall, it was decided long ago, and the conclusions were:

* Only BSD-compatibly licensed code goes in PostgreSQL's code base,

and

* PostgreSQL will only support the SQL:2003 standard WITH (RECURSIVE) syntax in the main line code.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!