Re: TODO: GNU TLS

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: TODO: GNU TLS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephen Frost wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> * Bruce Momjian (bruce@momjian.us) wrote:
> > Stephen Frost wrote:
> > > So it's *not* an additional restriction.  Not to mention the other
> > > reason- the license isn't part of the *work*.
> >
> > It is an _additional_ license you have to include, not just their
> > license.  I don't see how requiring an advertizing clause is an
> > additional restriction, but requiring an additional license isn't.
>
> The GPL fully realizes that there may be other licenses out there which
> is why it was written to talk about *restrictions*:
>
> 6. Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the
> Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the
> original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to
> these terms and conditions.  You may not impose any further
> restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.
> You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to
> this License.

I don't see the distinction here.  Where does it say having to include
another license is a different additional restriction from an
advertizing clause?

> > I don't understand the "work" issue as it applies here.

Right.  I wasn't clear in saying that the idea is whether the BSD and
GPL licenses can or cannot be merged into a single work.

Сообщение: Re: Possible documentation error
Сообщение: Re: Possible documentation error