Re: could not open relation:no such file or directory

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: could not open relation:no such file or directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 26 December 2006 2:43 am, karthik wrote:
> hello,
>
>     my name is karthik .
>
>      i facing a problem when trying to select values from a table in
> postgresql.
>
>    when i execute a query like "select title from itemsbytitle;"   i
> get error as
>
>    Error:Could not open relation "itemsbytitle". no such file or
> directory.
>
>    can anybody help me to find an answer for this problem.

I guess the first question is are you sure there is a table named
itemsbytitle? If so you may need to quote the table name-
SELECT title FROM "itemsbytitle";
See below for full explanation
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: out of memory woes
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: could not access status of transaction