Re: xlog directory at initdb time

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: xlog directory at initdb time
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Simon Riggs wrote:

> > This simple patch lets someone specifies the xlog directory at initdb
> > time. It uses symlinks to do it, and create and/or set permissions at
> > the directory as appropriate.
>
> Looks good.
>
> I'm no expert on coding style, so I won't comment on anything there.
>
> Any test harness changes? Or a test script?

Unfortunately, nope. :( I tested it manually.
How did i test it?

1) xlog directory doesn't exist -- OK
2) xlog directory exists -- OK
3) xlog directory exists but doesn't have the right permissions --
FAILED
4) xlog diretory exists but is not empty -- FAILED
5) interrupting initdb execution (Ctrl-C) to test the cleanup code -- OK

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #2846: inconsistent and confusing
От: "Simon Riggs"
Сообщение: Re: pg_standby