Re: [BUGS] BUG #2846: inconsistent and confusing

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #2846: inconsistent and confusing
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> Roman Kononov <kononov195-pgsql@yahoo.com> writes:
> > On 12/27/2006 03:23 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> Are you sure?  As I remember, computation automatically upgrades to
> >> 'double'.  See this program and output:
>
> > This is platform- and compiler- dependent:
>
> ... and probably irrelevant, too.  We should store the result into a
> float4 variable and then test for isinf() on that; that eliminates the
> question of whether the compiler did the multiply in a wider format or
> not.

True for overflow to Infinity, but underflow checking is better for
float4 using float8.  See previous email for details.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #2846: inconsistent and confusing
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #2846: inconsistent and confusing