BUG #2855: SEGV on PL/PGSQL function

От Mike
Тема BUG #2855: SEGV on PL/PGSQL function
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2855
Logged by:          Mike
Email address:      worky.workerson@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2
Operating system:   RHEL AS 4.3 x86_64
Details:

(retyping this by hand ... forgive any mistakes)

I am getting a SEGV every time I attempt to run the following plpgsql
function:

CREATE FUNCTION drop_empty_ip_partitions(VARCHAR)
  RETURNS SETOF VARCHAR AS $$
    DECLARE
      table_basename ALIAS FOR $1;
      is_empty       INTEGER;
    BEGIN
      FOR first_octet IN 0..255 LOOP
        BEGIN
          EXECUTE 'SELECT 1 FROM ' || quote_ident(table_basename || '_ip' ||
first_octet) || ' LIMIT 1' INTO is_empty;
          IF is_empty IS NULL THEN
            EXECUTE 'DROP TABLE ' || quote_ident(table_basename || '_ip' ||
first_octet);
            RETURN NEXT quote_ident(table_basename || '_ip' ||
first_octet);
          END IF;
        EXCEPTION WHEN undefined_table THEN
          RAISE NOTICE 'Table for octet % does not exist', first_octet;
        END;
      END LOOP;
      RETURN;
    END;
  $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

Basically, I have tables partitioned by the first octet of an ip, i.e.
table_ip1, table_ip2, table_ip3, etc.  The function simply goes through the
all the possible ip partition tables for a given prefix and drops any that
are empty.  I have another very similar plpgsql function that simply returns
the number of elements in each partition, and that causes a SEGV as well.

I am on RHEL AS 4.3 x86_64 on an 8-way HP Opteron box using the 8.2 PGDG
RPMS.  I recently upgraded from 8.1 and reloaded (pg_dumpall; cat | psql) my
databases successfully.  As I periodically do, I dropped all the tables in
one of the databases and was in the process of reloading them when I ran
into this issue.  I can successfully run the plpgsql command on another
(similar) database.

I configured the system to drop a core, and get the following backtrace:

pfree ()
AtEOSuXact_SPI ()
DefineSavepoint ()
RollbackAndReleaseCurrentSubTransaction ()
plpgsql_compile () from /usr/lib64/pgsql/plpgsql.so

Let me know what other information I can provide.  I'm hoping that its not a
trivial thing that I missed in the release notes ...