Re: New version of money type

От David Fetter
Тема Re: New version of money type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 08:44:07PM -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:24:22 -0400
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:17:33 -0400
> > Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, one thing you definitely *don't* do is commit right now,
> > > because we're in feature freeze, not to mention trying to avoid
> > > forced initdbs now that beta has started.  Sit on it till 8.3 is
> > > branched, and
> >
> > OK.  I hadn't thought of it as a new feature per se but I
> > understand the initdb issue.  Holding at 30,000 feet, ground
> > control.
> >
> > > meanwhile think about what you want to do with the
> > > currency-symbol issue...
> >
> > Personally I don't see a need for it but I am currently in favour
> > of adding it back in before committing just so that we can deal
> > with the issue separately.  The same as the other changes being
> > discussed.
>
> Now that 8.3 has been branched shall I go ahead and commit?  As
> discussed I will put the currency symbol back in just so that it can
> be discussed and worked on as a completely separate issue.  I have
> attached the current patch against HEAD.

I noticed that all your numbers are in English.  Is it necessary to
hard-code all that?  Also, you're assuming that powers of 10 which are
divisible by 3 are the relevant ones.  In China, it's powers of 10
divisible by 4, and in India, it's 0, 1, 2, 3, followed by odd numbers
up through 19.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!