Re: Release 8.2.0 done, 8.3 development starts

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Release 8.2.0 done, 8.3 development starts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 17:49:15 +0100, Kaare Rasmussen <kaare@jasonic.dk> wrote:
> I'm not sure, but as far as I remember, it will be a short release cycle for
> 8.3 in order to finish some big items that couldn't be ready in time for 8.2.

I believe the point of the short release cycle was more to change the timing
of the release to avoid lots of people being on holiday during a critical
period. After the short release cycle, the tentative plan was to go back to
yearly releases shifted a few months from where they typically used to
occur in the past.
Whether or not this actually works out, remains to be seen.