Re: Starting Postgresql

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: Starting Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
a shell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_%28computing%29

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 10:59:05AM -0800, Bob Pawley wrote:
> I haven't used the command lines previously having relied on PG Admin.
>
> In the instructions -
> "Starting postmaster
> Nothing can happen to a database unless the postmaster process is running. As the site administrator, there are a
numberof things you should remember before starting the postmaster. These are discussed in the installation and
configurationsections of this manual. However, if Postgres has been installed by following the installation
instructionsexactly as written, the following simple command is all you should need to start the postmaster:

--
You have no chance to survive make your time.