Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 09:59:05PM +0900, Yoshiyuki Asaba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Win32 does not implement fseeko() and ftello(). So I think it limit to
> > > handle a 2GB file. Is this a specification?
> >
> > Yes, Magnus-san suggested the problem. It is present TODO.  The entire
> > adjustment was still difficult though I had tried it. SetFilePointer might be
> > able to be saved. However, I think it might be an attempt of 8.3...
>
> Is it able to use fsetpos()/fgetpos() instead of ftell()/fseek()?
> fpos_t is a 8byte type. I tested pg_dump/pg_restore with the attached
> patch.

Hmm. Yeah, that should work in principle.

However, did you test the actual backend after that change? Given where you
change the define of off_t, that would affect every call in the backend
that uses off_t, and it just seems very strange that you could get away
with that without touching anything else? (If we're lucky, but I
wouldn't count on it - there ought to be other functions in libc that we
call that takes off_t..)

//Magnus