Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

От Michael Stone
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 01:03:04PM -0500, Ron wrote:
>What I find interesting is that so far Guido's C2D Mac laptop has
>gotten the highest values by far in this set of experiments, and no
>one else is even close.
>The slowest results, Michael's, are on the system with what appears
>to be the slowest CPU of the bunch; and the ranking of the rest of
>the results seem to similarly depend on relative CPU
>performance.  This is not what one would naively expect when benching
>a IO intensive app like a DBMS.

Note that I ran with fsync off, that the data set is <300M, and that all
of the systems (IIRC) have at least 1G RAM. This is exactly the
distribution I would expect since we're configuring the benchmark to
determine whether cpu-specific optimizations affect the results.

Mike Stone

Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations