Re: Authoring Tools WAS: Switching to XML

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Authoring Tools WAS: Switching to XML
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Bruce,

>     o WYSIWYG - this seems unattainable because such editors are
>       going to modify the surrounding XML, which will affect
>       hand-edited changes

It would be more accurate to say that we have not identified a WYSWYG tool
which does not mess up the source.  There may be one, it would just take a
fair amount of testing to find it.

>     o tag assistance - this seems possible, e.g. tag completion,
>       drop down list of tags available for this section

Yes, and graphically-enhanced tag support using XML IDEs.  Command-line tag
completion is available via Emacs-SGML, but there are a lot more tools
which do it for XML (including Emacs).

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: Authoring Tools WAS: Switching to XML
Сообщение: Re: Authoring Tools WAS: Switching to XML