Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Bruce,

> pgbench is designed to be a general benchmark, meanining it exercises
> all parts of the system.  I am thinking just reexecuting a single SELECT
> over and over again would be a better test of the CPU optimizations.

Mostly, though, pgbench just gives the I/O system a workout.  It's not a
really good general workload.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

От: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah"
Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations