MySQL drops support for most distributions

От David Goodenough
Тема MySQL drops support for most distributions
Дата
Re: MySQL drops support for most distributions  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-general
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/12/13/1515217&from=rss

"MySQL quietly deprecated support for most Linux distributions on October 16,
when its 'MySQL Network' support plan was replaced by 'MySQL Enterprise.'
MySQL now supports only two Linux distributions — Red Hat Enterprise Linux
and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server. We learned of this when MySQL declined to
sell us support for some new Debian-based servers. Our sales rep 'found out
from engineering that the current Enterprise offering is no longer supported
on Debian OS.' We were told that 'Generic Linux' in MySQL's list of supported
platforms means 'generic versions of the implementations listed above'; not
support for Linux in general."