Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

От Michael Stone
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 12:29:29PM +0100, Alexander Staubo wrote:
>I suspect the hardware's real maximum performance of the system is
>~150 tps, but that the LSI's write cache is buffering the writes. I
>would love to validate this hypothesis, but I'm not sure how.

With fsync off? The write cache shouldn't really matter in that case.
(And for this purpose that's probably a reasonable configuration.)

Mike Stone

Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Сообщение: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations